Sponge cake: presentation
Sponge cake is one of the recipes that children like best. You can encourage them to help you and you will have a really fun time.
This recipe is made from the basic sponge cake recipe and I encourage you to test other versions with almond, coconut or any version that you can think of according to the advice I give you in the video.
The recipe for chocolate sponge cake is one of the most requested on my Facebook page Anna Recipes Easy, where I publish recipes daily and in which I encourage you to participate.
- 5 eggs size L
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g of sugar
- 100 gr cocoa powder (colacao or other brand)
- 100 ml milk
- 8 g of chemical yeast (or baking powder)
- a pinch of salt
- Mold release spray or butter
Spongy chocolate sponge cake: recipe preparation
- Turn the oven to 175º C and line the 22 cm removable pan with oven paper and grease it with molding spray or butter.
- Separate the whites and egg yolks in two large enough pockets to be able to work the dough with the mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat with the electric rods. When you see them already white, pour half the sugar and continue beating until obtaining a firm meringue to snow. You will notice it because the drawing of the smoothie is drawn.
- Pour the milk in the bowl of the yolks (although in the video I put 75 ml I added up to 100 ml of milk) and the rest of the sugar. Beat again until it froths a little.
- Add 8 grams of chemical yeast or baking powder to the flour. Add cocoa powder as well. Add this mixture through a sieve to the yolks you have beaten along with the milk. Beat until it is completely integrated and you have a homogeneous dough and texture of a cream.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture with the cocoa and, with the help of a spoon, mix with wrapping movements. Be careful not to get down and get to the bottom by mixing with the spoon.
- Once mixed, pour into the greased mold. Tap the dough to seat the dough.
- Introduce in the oven preheated to 175º C. The chocolate cake has to be centered and that is why I have placed it on the second of the five levels that my oven has.
- Watch it from time to time and open it after 30 or 40 minutes to move the mold and see if the dough trembles. As the masses tremble, it is raw. It took me 50 minutes, but you know that every oven has its point and you must find the one of yours. After 50 minutes, I punctured it and, as the skewer has come out clean, I have removed it from the oven. I have demolded the chocolate sponge cake in hot and so it does not stay wet as it would be in case of unmolding in cold.
I leave here the recipe of the basic sponge cake so that you can read all the tricks and thus get the cake to go up and you very fluffy.
I also leave this recipe for XXL birthday cake here .